Ayurveda is science of life. It deals with the entire creation with special emphasis on the biology of life. Since life is always existent in this world in one or other form, so is truth of ayurveda; as quoted in ‘Charaka Samhita’
Why should one go for Ayurvedic treatment ?
- 100% natural, thus very minimal/no side effects.
- Completely cures the root cause of disease, thus prevents reoccurrence.
- The only science which not only deals with the curing and prevention of the disease, but also helps in preservation of health.
- Ayurveda is fast & cost effective treatment when whole treatment time and cost is taken in account.
- Ayurveda treats in accordance with WHO definition of health,[ ‘health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well being and not merely an absence of disease or infirmity’ ] e. it treats the person as a whole and not a single disease.
This speciality deals with all kind of somatic diseases.
MD (AYU. MEDICINE)
This speciality deals with prenatal and postnatal care of the baby and mother and childhood diseases and midwifery.
MD (AYU. PEDIATRICS)
This speciality deals with Mental illness and diseases. It also deals in Neurological issues.
MD (AYU. PSYCHIATRY)
MD (AYU. NUROLOGY)
This speciality deals with diseases of Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat. Surgical procedures for all above is also dealt in.
MD / MS (AYU. OPTHA ENT)
This speciality deals in Surgery. The pioneer 'Sushurta' still being considered as FATHER OF SURGERY.
This speciality includes the study of Toxicology ( Plants & Animals) and Forensic Sciences.
MD (AYU. TOXICOLOGY / FORENSIC)
This speciality deals in Immunological disorders, Geriatrics and Community Health.
MD (Ayu. SWASTHVRITTA)
This speciality takes care of Infertility issues, Gynaecological & Obstetrics problems. It also deals with STDs & Aphrodisiacs.
MD (Ayu. STRI ROG PRASUTI TANTRA / VD / UROLOGY)
Prognosis in ayurveda (Sadhyatva- Asadhyatva)
Ayurveda defines treatment as a process by which the imbalanced ‘dhatus’ are balanced with the help of ‘Chatushpada’, i.e. Doctor, Drugs, Nurse and Patient.
Ayurvedic philosophy advocates 4(four) types of prognosis for any disease. The principles & factors which determine prognosis of a disease is very different from the principles of other sciences. Thus it can be said that “a disease which is undiagnosed or untreatable in a particular stream of science , can be diagnosed or can be treated with ayurveda”.
Table of Prognosis for all Diseases in Ayurveda
|Easy to Cure||Difficult to Cure||Palliative||Incurable|
|Nidana, lakshana (causes, sign & symptoms)||less||Moderate||Disease aggravates easily||All present|
|Desha, kaal (place & time)||Not of same nature||Of similar nature||------||-----------|
|Prakriti (body constitution)||Not of same nature||Of similar nature||------||--------------|
|Dosha dushya(toxins & intoxicated)||Not of same nature||2 dosha involved||Multiple involved||All 3 dosha involved|
|complication||No||Less complication||More complicated|
|Marma (vital points)||Not effected||--------||Effectedcomplexion||All effected|
|Rog marga(channels)||Only 1 Channel||2 channels effected||Multiple channels||All channels|
|Navin /purana (new/ chronic)||New||Not so chronic||chronic||--------------|
|Chatushpada(four factors for treatment)||All present||Some factors missing||---------------||--------------|
An Ayurvedic doctor who understands all these factors well within time, starts the treatment early and gets good prognosis
Prevention of diseases
Out of several ways for remaining healthy you can follow any one of the following or all for better results.
- Healthy diet
- Following natural urges (vega) of body.
Natural urges of body
One should not hold the urge of – urine, stool, semen, flatus, vomiting, sneeze, belching, yawning, hunger, thirst, tears, sleep and breathlessness due to heavy work.
Disease caused due to holding these urges-
- Holding urine urge will cause- pain in penis, pain during urination, headache, forward bending of body, pain in pubic region.
- Holding stool urge will cause- headache, blocked flatus and stool, spasm in calf muscles, abdominal distention.
- Holding semen urge will cause- pain in scrotum and penis, pressing pain in the body, pain in heart, blocking of urine.
- Holding flatus urge will cause- Blocking of urine and stool, abdomen distention, lethargy, pain in abdomen, and disease ofvata.
- Holding vomiting urge will cause- Itching, rashes, loss of appetite, scar will not go, swelling,pandu roga, skin disease, jvara, nausea, and ‘visarpa’.
- Holding sneeze urge will cause- Cervical spasm, headache, facial palsy, half headache and loss of efficiency of sense organs.
- Holding belching urge will cause- Hiccup, cough, loss of appetite, tremor, heaviness in heart and thorax.
- Holding yawning urge will cause- Forward bending of body, convulsion, contraction of muscles, loss of sensation, tremors.
- Holding hunger urge will cause- Ieanness, weakness, pale color, pain in all body parts, loss of appetite, dizziness.
- Holding thirst urge will cause- Dryness of mouth and throat, deafness, fatigue, pain in heart.
- Holding tear urge will cause- Cold, eye disease, heart disease, loss of appetite, dizziness.
- Holding sleep urge will cause- Yawning, pain in whole body, laziness, disease of head, heaviness in eyes.
- Holding breathlessness due to hardship urge will cause- ‘Gulma’, heart disease, loss of sensation.
- Holding ‘kasa’ urge will cause- Increases cough, breathless ness, loss of appetite, heart disease, hiccups and causes ‘shosha’ disease.
Description of ‘dhariniya Vega’
One should hold these urges every time. These are-
1) Work requiring excessive power.
2) Doing bad work from mind, voice and body.
Examples of urges of mind to be controlled
Greed, depression, fear, proud, shamelessness, jealousy, excessive possiveness, urge to theft
Examples of urges of voice to be controlled
Excessive talking, talking too rude, quarrel, telling lies and not talking in context.
Examples of urges of body to be controlled
Having sex with other person than your life partner, theft, violence, etc.
Benefits of controlling these vegas
Person who does not do these evils, lives happily and relishes “Dharma, Artha, Kama” throughout his life.